Selasa, 18 Juni 2013

RE: [MS_AccessPros] Nested Subform Before Update Event Not Firing

 

Darrell-

The Before Update event for the form embedded within the subform should be
firing every time the user tries to save a changed record. Are you sure
your Before Update code is in the form that's the subform and not the outer
form? You could put your test in the control's Before Update - that will
fire only when the date gets changed. It won't fire for unchanged data.

John Viescas, Author
Microsoft Access 2010 Inside Out
Microsoft Access 2007 Inside Out
Microsoft Access 2003 Inside Out
Building Microsoft Access Applications
SQL Queries for Mere Mortals
http://www.viescas.com/
(Paris, France)

-----Original Message-----
From: MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of D
Sent: Tuesday, June 18, 2013 5:23 PM
To: MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [MS_AccessPros] Nested Subform Before Update Event Not Firing

Greetings,

I have a subform that tracks quality reviews nested within a subform. The
nested subform has a text box for the completed date of the quality review.
The original developer didn't place any validation edits on the control to
ensure the date entered is a valid date and is not greater than the current
date. Therefore, invalid dates are stored in the database. The users now
want to add the edits to validate the completed date.

I tried adding the edits to the nested subform's before update event.
However, the before update event isn't firing in my testing. I realize I
could put the edit on the control's before update event but, this wouldn't
catch an existing record with an invalid date if the user didn't make a
change to the completion date. So, how do I catch these errors?

Darrell

------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (2)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar