Thanks for the advice.
This project is for a branch of our organisation and we only meet
once each week. I will progress at our next meeting.
In the meantime where do I learn the difference between "zero length"
and "null' and how either was implied in the code.
Many thanks,
Robin
At 22/08/2011 08:49 PM, you wrote:
>.. but that also begs the question why Robin needs a zero-length
>string instead
>of a null.
>
>John
>
>-----Original Message-----
>From: MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com
>[mailto:MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of John Viescas
>Sent: Monday, August 22, 2011 12:25 PM
>To: MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com
>Subject: RE: [MS_AccessPros] Spare bracket problem
>
>Graham-
>
>Duh. My face is RED! <s>
>
>
>John Viescas, author
>Microsoft Office Access 2010 Inside Out
>Microsoft Office Access 2007 Inside Out
>Building Microsoft Access Applications
>Microsoft Office Access 2003 Inside Out
>SQL Queries for Mere Mortals
>http://www.viescas.com/
>(Paris, France)
>
>
>
>-----Original Message-----
>From: MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com
>[mailto:MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Graham Mandeno
>Sent: Monday, August 22, 2011 12:13 PM
>To: MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com
>Subject: RE: [MS_AccessPros] Spare bracket problem
>
>Hi Robin
>
>
>
>Are you sure you copied and pasted the exact expression? It looks fine - 2
>opening and 2 closing parentheses, and the square brackets match too.
>
>
>
>I agree with John that there are simpler ways to do this, but [ParterName] +
>"" won't cut the mustard because if [ParterName] is Null then the result
>will be Null.
>
>
>
>Instead, try [PartnerName] & ""
>
>
>
>Best regards,
>
>Graham
>
>
>
>From: MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com
>[mailto:MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Robin Chapple
>Sent: Monday, 22 August 2011 18:02
>To: MS_Access_Professionals@yahoogroups.com
>Subject: [MS_AccessPros] Spare bracket problem
>
>
>
>
>
>I am using this code in a query:
>
>IIf(IsNull([Partnername]), "", [Partnername])
>
>and an error message complains that I have too many curved brackets.
>
>What have I missed?
>
>Many thanks,
>
>Robin Chapple
>
>
>
>
>
>[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>
>
>------------------------------------
>
>Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>
>
>
>------------------------------------
>
>Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>
>
>
>------------------------------------
>
>Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>
Rabu, 24 Agustus 2011
RE: [MS_AccessPros] Spare bracket problem
__._,_.___
.
__,_._,___
Langganan:
Posting Komentar (Atom)
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar